Our DBT ‘Coaches in Action’ Program offers our patients practical tools to improve their daily lives and help them towards Building a Life Worth Living! Using compassionate guidance and support and working within a DBT framework, our DBT Coaches in Action offer individualized skills coaching depending upon the patient’s needs in applying DBT skills to a variety of situations.
DBT COACHES IN ACTION
- Seek to empower patients to motivate and help them reach their goals.
- Work collaboratively with patients to support them in bringing about and fulfilling new behaviors to maximize upon personal and career potential.
- Monitor progress and support their efforts, including dealing with any setbacks that may occur.
- Work collaboratively with patients to build a plan based on their individual needs and values.
- Use a variety of DBT strategies to help them deal effectively with and manage social skills and life challenges.
- Meet weekly with the DBT team to collaborate on the patient’s psychological well-being, life management issues, updates and other pertinent information.
- Weekly 50 minute meetings to support patients towards meeting their goals.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF OUR DBT ‘COACHES IN ACTION’?
- TO OFFER COMPASSIONATE AND UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT TO PATIENTS IN DEVELOPING AND ACHIEVING THEIR GOALS.
- COACHING IN ACTION IS MOTIVATIONAL IN NATURE AND PATIENTS SHOULD NOT EXPECT THAT THE WORK WILL BE DONE FOR THEM. THE DBT COACH IN ACTION WILL COLLABORATE WITH THE PATIENT TO DEVISE A PLAN, WHILE HELPING THE PATIENT DECIDE WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT FOR THEM TO ACHIEVE.
- TO HELP PATIENTS FIND A MIDDLE PATH THAT WILL WORK FOR THEM WHILE ACKNOWLEDGING AND HIGHLIGHTING EACH PATIENT ‘S UNIQUE ATTRIBUTES.
- HAVING A PLAN IN PLACE, PATIENTS ARE OFFERED THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD THE CONFIDENCE TO CONTINUE MOVING FORWARD AND IMPLEMENT THEIR PERSONAL GOALS.
ABOUT OUR DBT COACHES:
Our coaches are passionate and dedicated DBT Skills Group Facilitators with Master’s Degrees. They have a strong desire to help patients maximize their potential. DBT Coaches in Action form the bridge between Individual Therapy and DBT Skills Training, by encouraging and supporting patients to apply Acceptance and Change strategies necessary to Build a Life Worth Living. The DBT Coach in Action meets weekly with the DBT team to collaborate on the patient’s psychological well-being, life management issues, updates and other important information.