At the DBT Center of Orange County we are dedicated to providing our patients with the most pragmatic methods of treatment in a supportive and nurturing environment. Patients are guided through a set of modules based on mindfulness to teach them skillful ways to regulate emotions, deal with stressful situations, and improve relationships with others. We offer individual therapy as well as DBT skills training for individuals six (6) and older.
DBT is the most thoroughly researched treatment for people with self-harm and suicidal behaviors. DBT offers consistent significant findings in reducing the frequency of self-harm behaviors, as well as reducing in patient admission episodes and improving global functioning and adjustment.
Benefits of DBT
- Enhanced motivation and desire to build a sustainable life
- Improve overall quality of life
- Decrease emotional reactivity and improve emotion regulation
- Improve interpersonal relationships and communication styles
- Decrease self-destructive behaviors
- Improve ability to manage through crises
- Reduce inpatient hospitalizations.